When downloading and installing JDeveloper, you need to first accept the user license agreement. Then choose the appropriate download based on your operating system (and you must download both files). You can choose a default folder for all your programs, I created a new JDeveloper folder on my c:users/username/jDeveloper.
- [Voiceover] The last IDE, or Integrated Development…Environment that I'd like to show you is the one…provided by Oracle.…Again, it's a free, open source IDE.…The IDE from Oracle is called JDeveloper…and it's a very robust IDE.…If we go to the Oracle site, we can click on Downloads.…We need to accept the license agreement, and then we need to…choose the right version of the Oracle JDeveloper Studio…Edition that we need.…As you can see, there is a JDeveloper for Windows, Linux,…and generic others which would include your MAC OS.…
Also note that you need to download both files.…So I'm going to click on File 1 and start the download.…You will need to have an Oracle account, but don't worry,…if you don't have one you can create a free Oracle account…that gives you access to the Oracle online applications…and services.…I already have one, so I'm going to sign in.…In the bottom left hand corner you can see that the…download has started.…I'm going to click on the back arrow so I can start the…download of the second file.…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.