The download is available here at bluej.org. Once the download is complete, you need to extract the files. Make sure you extract the files to a location on your computer that has room for all your future projects. Some of bluej main features include a graphic user interface, a simple design, it is designed for teaching,it is interactive, portable, mature (over 15 years old), and innovative.
- [Voiceover] The next IDE is called BlueJ.…We can download BlueJ from the BlueJ.org website.…BlueJ is also a free, open source IDE.…The difference here is that BlueJ…provides a graphical user interface…for beginning programmers.…It's simple, it's designed for teaching,…it's interactive, portable, it's been…around for over 15 years, and it's innovative.…Let's go ahead and download and install BlueJ.…If I scroll down, you can see that…we have a Windows version, a Mac version,…a Linux version, and some additional versions as well.…
Since I'm using a Windows machine,…I'm going to download the Windows version.…I've already installed Java 8 JDK,…so the only thing I need is the BlueJ installer.…I'm gonna click on that link.…The BlueJ website is downloading…an MSI file that I can use to install…BlueJ on my system.…Once the file is downloaded, I'll click on it…to run through the BlueJ setup wizard.…I'll click Next.…I'm gonna install it just for me.…Next.…I'm gonna leave the check marks for…adding file associations, creating program…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.