IntelliJ IDEA is a product from JetBrains and it has two versions. The community version is free and the ultimate version is available for a 30 day free trial but then must be purchased. The pricing varies for individual use vs. corporate, etc. Please see their website for specific details. In this course, we will download and use the community version.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] The next IDE that I'd like to show you…is called IntelliJ.…IntelliJ IDE is a product from JetBrains and it has…two different versions.…A Community version, which is free, and the Ultimate…version which is available for a 30-day free trial…but then must be purchased.…In this course, we will download and use…the Community version.…From the jetbrains.com website, slash IDEA, click on…the download button in the top right-hand corner.…Here, you'll see there's the Community version and the…Ultimate version.…
As with any of the IDEs, they all require that you've…already downloaded the latest version of Java's JDK…from the Oracle site.…JDK is the Java Development Kit.…Before we actually download the IntelliJ IDE,…I would like to show you the system requirements for…each of the different operating systems.…Notice in the center of the page it has OS X, Windows,…and Linux.…If I click on OS X, and then I click on System Requirements…on the left, you can see that these are the minimum…system requirements to run IntelliJ on your Mac.…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.