from the netbeans.org website we can download the most recent version of NetBeans. I prefer to use the download option that includes the most recent Java JDK and NetBeans. Before the download can begin, we must accept the user license. Now, we can download the IDE. Once the download is complete, we use the install wizard to finish the install and launch the application.
- [Voiceover] I'd like to start with downloading…the NetBeans IDE.…You can find the most recent version of the IDE…at the netbeans.org website.…On the top right hand side,…you'll see NetBeans IDE 8.1.…It might be newer, depending on when…you're viewing this video.…Click on download.…You'll notice that NetBeans…has several different download bundles available.…We have the Java SE, which is the standard edition,…Java EE, which is the enterprise edition,…as well as HTML, PHP, C, and C++.…
If you're a beginning Java developer,…what I recommend is, if you scroll down a little bit,…you'll see they have an option that says,…"New to Java Development with NetBeans IDE?"…I highly recommend using the link in this paragraph…because this allows you to download…both the most recent JDK,…or Java Development Kit,…along with the NetBeans IDE.…Here's the link.…From here, you can see that we can download…bundles for Linux, Mac, and Windows,…both 64 and 32-bit operating systems.…
Before we actually do the download,…let's go to the installation instructions,…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.