Bluej has trimmed down the debugging process to make it easier to use for first time developers. The debugging tool is used to set breakpoints, step through code, and evaluate variables. To set a breakpoint, you must be in the code editor window. Click in the breakpoint area (to the left of the code) to set a beakpoint. Bluej places a little stop sign indicating the line of code with the breakpoint.
- [Voiceover] Although BlueJ is a very trimmed down IDE,…it does have a debugging process.…BlueJ has attempted to trim down the debugging process…to make it easier to use for first time developers.…The debugging tool can be used to separate points,…to step through the code, and to evaluate variables.…To set a breakpoint, you must be in the code editor window.…Let's go ahead and create a new project,…"Project," "New Project," and this time,…I'm gonna call the project "Grades," and create.…
I'm gonna maximize the screen.…I want to use the existing .java file…in the "Exercise Files" folder,…so I'm gonna go to "Edit," "Add Class from File."…I wanna make sure that I navigate to my desktop…to my exercise files, chapter four, 04 05, and Grades,…and I'll click "Add."…Now, to open up the "Grades" class in the code editor,…I can double click on the icon that says "Grades."…Let me maximize the screen.…
Here is a program that I wrote…that will ask the user for a raw numeric score.…It'll evaluate that, and then give a message back…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.