The first program is usually HelloWorld, so let's go ahead and create a new HelloWorld project. In JDeveloper, we got to File/New/Application. It is important to provide a meaningful name for each of your projects,we will use HelloWorld. When we click finish, we can see that JDeveloper has created an empty project with the src folder. Lets add our main class file next. Now we can add our hello world code and test out the program.
- [Voiceover] Similar to the other IDE's,…when you open JDeveloper,…the first window contains a start page.…The start page has links to what's new,…release notes, samples and demos,…as well as featured tutorials and featured documentation.…If you don't wanna see this page every time…you can deselect the check box…in the bottom left hand corner.…Now I'm gonna close the start page.…If you wanna see the start page again,…you can always get to it from the help menu.…
Help, start page.…In most beginner programming courses,…the first program is usually Hello, World.…So let's go ahead and create a new Hello, World project.…If this is your first time using JDeveloper,…we must first start by creating an application…that holds our project,…then we can create our Hello, World project.…Let's start by going to file, new, application.…We'll leave the default Java…desktop application and click okay.…
Now the application name will…change to Hello, App and click next.…Here the project name should…be Hello, World and click next.…The default package is hello world…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.