The first program is usually HelloWorld, so let's go ahead and create a new HelloWorld project. In Eclipse, we got to File/New/Java Project. It is important to provide a meaningful name for each of your projects,we will use HelloWorld. When we click finish, we can see that Eclipse has created an empty project with the src folder. Lets add our main class file next. Now we can add our hello world code and test out the program.
- [Voiceover] It's time to create our…first program in Eclipse.…The first program, usually,…you write in any IDE is, "Hello World."…So let's go ahead and create a new "Hello World" project.…We'll start by going to File, New.…We wanna create a Java Project.…We'll give it a name,…we'll call it "Hello World."…Remember, no spaces in your project name.…And I'm using camel case,…which capitalized the first letter of each word.…We're gonna use the default location,…which is the C, colon,…users, slash, username,…which in my case is producer,…slash, workspace, slash, hello world.…
We can change the run time environment,…but I wanna use the most recent one,…which is one point eight.…And we're going to go ahead and click finish.…In Eclipse, when you create a new project…it creates an empty project.…Let me open up "Hello World"…and you'll see it has an SRC folder,…but there's nothing in it.…Next, we need to add our main class file.…So I'm gonna click on SRC…and I'm gonna right-click…and say New and I wanna add a Java class.…This will be a class that has a main method.…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.