One of the interesting features of the Bluej IDE is the scope highlighting (put simply, it uses color coding to identify the blocks of code based on the open and closing curly braces).BlueJ projects, like standard Java packages, are directories containing the files included in the project.One of the fundamental characteristics of BlueJ is that you cannot only execute a complete application, but you can also directly interact with single objects of any class and execute their public methods.
- [Voiceover] The BlueJ IDE is a really great code editor…when you're working with object-oriented programs.…For this example, I'd like to go ahead…and create our first program, a Hello World program.…It is not really a program…that has a lot of objects and classes,…but I think it'd be good to practice…creating the same program in the BlueJ IDE.…One of the interesting features of the BlueJ IDE…is the scope highlighting.…Put simply, it uses color coding to identify blocks of code…based on the open and closing curly braces.…
Let's go ahead and create a new project.…I'm gonna do Project, New Project, and instead of codepad,…I'm gonna change the name to be helloworld.…BlueJ projects, like standard Java projects,…are directories containing…the files included in the project.…At this point, I've created the folder…for the BlueJ project called helloworld.…Now I need to add a new class.…I'll click on New Class.…I have several options for the class type,…I'm just gonna leave it as a class,…and I'm gonna call it helloworld, and click OK.…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.