Here you can create a new project, open an existing one, or check out the project from version control. The first time using IntelliJ, you must choose a project SDK (go to project files/Java/jdk1.8.0_91 (or the most recent version). Once you have the SDK set, you can create a new project. Intellij does not automatically create a template file, so lets add a new file to our src folder.
- [Voiceover] When you first launch the IntelliJ IDEA,…you'll see a screen similar to this.…From here, we can Create a New Project,…we can Import a Project, Open an existing project,…or take a look at Version Control.…Version Control is out of the scope of this series.…Let's go ahead and Create a New Project.…The first time you create a new project,…under your Project SDK at the top,…it might be blank,…so you might have to find…the appropriate SDK for Java.…So click on New, go to JDK,…if it doesn't find it already for you,…you'll need to navigate…to your Java folder where you installed…the Java Development Kit.…
It's usually under your Program files/Java.…In this case, I have the Java jdk1.8.0_91.…Your version might be a little different,…but it should have jdk followed by the number.…I'm going to click OK.…Now, in the bottom, I can click on Next.…If Next is not enabled,…make sure you have that Project SDK selected.…From here, we have a choice…of creating a project from a template,…I'm going to go ahead and just say Next…
- What is an IDE?
- Viewing and organizing files in an IDE
- Downloading and installing different IDEs
- Coding with shortcuts and autocompletion
- Using templates
- Finding and referencing files
- Debugging Java code in an IDE
Skill Level Beginner
1. A Quick Review of IDE Basics
2. NetBeans IDE
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.