Enterprise architecture offers a variety of value propositions to companies, and the propositions vary from one enterprise to the next. Learn how any enterprise that is considering the formal establishment of an EA group must set clear expectations of its role, and the specific goals it is intended to accomplish in this video.
- EA Teams perform several functions in an enterprise. … They gather and organize the information used … to present architectural perspectives to their stakeholders. … Managers use that information … to make decisions with EA guidance … about the overall mission of the enterprise. … EA then works with the enterprise as a whole … to analyze the current state of system's architecture, … define a target state, … and plan transitional states to achieve the target state. … Organizations within an enterprise exist to provide services … to other organizations and to the customer. … EA is no different. … A term of art for one organization's interaction … with the rest of the enterprise is an engagement model. … The engagement model defines the who and how … when requesting services from an enterprise organization. … The who of an engagement model includes EA … and any team that needs EA services. … There are many ways to organize the engagement model … for enterprise architecture. … For example, the bank I work for had a scanning model …
- Why do enterprises need architecture?
- How do enterprise architects add value in an organization?
- Application, solution, and enterprise architecture
- Pursuing EA as a career
- Working with EA frameworks and practices
- Integrating EA with process systems
- Creating a new EA organization