- View Offline
- Prototyping the app
- Coding and working with a testbed
- Creating an Objective-C interface for SQLite
- Designing a database schema
- Creating the view controllers
- Reading and writing to the database
- Parsing the RSS feed with NSXMLParser
- Updating the item view with feed items
- Implementing the pull to refresh gesture for iOS 6
- Creating a universal application with multiple views
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Bill Weinman and welcome to iOS SDK and SQLite Building Data-Driven Applications. In this course I will show you how to build a solid RSS reader for iOS that supports both the iPhone and iPad form factors integrating XML data into a clean and simple presentation. I'll explain how to use the SQL database, which is included in iOS and display information in a clear, intuitive table view. I'll teach you how to code the necessary view controllers for your application and how to use the Settings application to provide a Preferences interface for your users.
Finally, I'll show you how to make a universal app that runs both on phone and tablet form factors for iOS. Creating an application for iOS doesn't have to be a difficult experience so let me show you how in iOS SDK and SQLite Building Data-Driven Applications.