Join Dennis Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with specialists, part of Localization for Developers.
- I want you to know…that there are a whole variety…of internationalization and localization specialists…who are available to help you…through every step of the process.…These aren't just translators.…There are consultants…who can walk you through the whole process…or other specialists, you might hire,…to take care of one or two specific parts of the process.…Different consultants are going…to offer a different range of services…but here are some of the services…that you might want to keep in mind…as we discuss the processes…in the rest of this course.…
Firstly, analysis and training.…This can include services like assessing…how well prepared your code is…for internationalization…or analyzing how effective your localization processes are.…In addition, many consultants offer tailored training…to help teach your team, for example,…how to more effectively internationalize your code…or how to create content…that's suitable for a global audience.…Next, there are internationalization services.…
Many consultants can provide staff developers…
- Timing internationalization and localization efforts
- Researching localization targets
- Evaluating and localizing text
- Internationalizing media
- Converting to Unicode
- Supporting right-to-left languages
- Working with translators
- Testing your localization
Skill Level Beginner
1. Introducing Internationalization and Localization
2. Internationalizing Content
Internationalizing media9m 25s
3. Internationalizing a GUI
4. Managing Localization
5. Modifying Your Quality-Assurance Strategy
Next steps2m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.