Learn what you should know to make the most of this course.
- This course is designed primarily for members of a software development team that are interested in improving their communication skills, and not only programmers. This course is for anyone involved with the day-to-day activities of a software team, be it product managers, tech leads, testers, and even business stakeholders. We're going to cover tested techniques and strategies for improving the way you communicate within your team. We will walk through real-world examples as well as different scenarios with a fictional Agile team that is building reporting software.
With that in mind, having a basic understanding of how Agile teams are structured is useful, but not a hard requirement. The main thing you need is a willingness to learn and the desire to put what you learned into action. I've also included useful templates and additional resources as course handouts. You can download these documents to help you on your journey to becoming an effective technical communicator.
- Establishing standards and processes
- Project management
- Onboarding and mentoring
- Having effective meetings
- Iteration planning and retrospectives
- Communicating with remote teams