Join David Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Docker Essential Training: 2 Orchestration.
- [Instructor] This course is based primarily on the Docker Certified Associate exam blueprint, specifically domain one, which covers Docker orchestration. Because of that, this course isn't project based, but more focused towards exam objectives. For example, we won't be building a Docker cluster to run a specific application. Instead, we'll be focusing on deploying Docker and then configuring Docker based on the objectives in the blueprint. Now, you will learn how to deploy and configure docker orchestration and will spend a lot of time at the command line using Docker's tools.
In this course, we'll assume that you have basic knowledge of Docker and containers. If not, I recommend that you watch the Learning Docker course by Arthur Ufelt in our library. And if you haven't watched my Docker installing and configuring course, I also recommend that you check out that course before watching this course on Docker orchestration. We'll also assume that you have basic knowledge of the Linux command-line. But if not, you can follow along with what I type. And I'm confident that you'll be fine.
- Setting up a Docker Swarm cluster
- Locking a Swarm cluster
- Why Quorum is important
- Visualizing Swarm services
- Analyzing services with Docker Inspect
- Troubleshooting a service
- Using templates with Docker services