Join Lee Brandt for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Docker for .NET Developers with Visual Studio.
- [Instructor] So you might be asking yourself who this course is for. Programmers will have an easier time following along with this and .NET developers would get the most out of it. So a decent knowledge of .NET will help, but it's certainly not necessary, as everything we'll be doing is Docker specific. You don't need to know anything about Docker. The course is designed so that you don't need any knowledge of Docker or containers to get through it.
- Why containers?
- How do containers compare to virtual machines?
- Creating a Dockerfile
- Building an image from a Dockerfile
- Running a container from a new image
- Working with the Docker Compose file format
- Pushing images to Docker Hub