In this video, learn what event storming is and why you want to use it to develop a DDD architecture.
- [Instructor] So, having looked at what a DDD system … looks like structurally, … the next question is how do we build these things? … How do we design them? … The best technique that I know for doing this … is something called event storming, … which was developed just a few years ago … by Alberto Brandolini. … I've shown you his book here … and also the URL to the book. … This is a book that's definitely worth buying and reading. … Now, event storming a technique that is … used really for two things, … but as we just saw in domain driven design, … those two things are the same thing. … In other words, you can use it to both analyze the domain, … analyze the business, … and also to develop the code … that is going to be modeling the business … because by modeling the business you are also … coming up with a design for your code. … So, event storming then is a collaborative technique … that you do in conjunction with business people … in order to come up with a design for a system … that models the structure and flow …
- How DDD differs from other architectural approaches
- How DDD fits with agile
- Advantages of microservices
- Bounded contexts and entities
- Reactive vs. declarative systems
- Using event storming to develop a DDD architecture