Terraform is an infrastructure managment tool that lets you manage and maintain your servers, networing, storage, and more in one centralized set of code.
- [Narrator] Terraform is an … infrastructure management tool made by HashiCorp … that lets you provision, … manage and maintain Cloud resources, … like servers, networking, storage, et cetera, … all in one centralized set of code. … So Terraform is a tool, command line program you run … to define and make changes to your infrastructure. … But Terraform is also a language that defines those changes. … Terraform is for managing the base infrastructure itself. … For example, creating a server instance … and placing it behind a load balancer. … Terraform can't really change what's running on that server … once it's deployed. … For that you'd need a config management tool … or some other method. … So Terraform will let you create the server … and then you might use something like Puppet … to turn that server into a web server … with your specific application code running on that. … You might think of Terraform as setting up a blank canvas. … But you'll still need other tools to paint the picture. …
- Setting up Terraform
- How Terraform works
- Core Terraform commands
- Leveraging style conventions to keep code readable
- Configuring security groups
- Adding load balancers
- Using variables in your code
Skill Level Beginner
1. First Steps with Terraform
2. Terraform in Action
3. Infrastructure as Code
4. Advanced Topics
Next steps3m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.