In this video, learn what DDD (domain-driven design) is at a very high level and at how DDD differs from other architectural approaches.
- [Instructor] So let's dive into the details. … Domain-driven design was developed by Eric Evans … back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, which means … that things like microservices and agile … didn't really exist at the time. … Microservices brought domain-driven design back to the fore … because as it turns out, it's an almost ideal way … to design a set of microservices. … That said, the original work was done in a non-microservice … monolithic world, which is to say that the techniques … that we're going to look at work just as well … in the monolith as they do with the set of microservices. … I will however talk about microservices later on … in the course. … Eric's book is a good book but it turns out … there's been some work done since then. … So if you're going to supplement this class in order … to dive into the details, and you will have to do that … because the class doesn't cover all the details, … I strongly recommend Vaughn Vernon's book … called Domain-Driven Design Distilled. …
- How DDD differs from other architectural approaches
- How DDD fits with agile
- Advantages of microservices
- Bounded contexts and entities
- Reactive vs. declarative systems
- Using event storming to develop a DDD architecture