Our age information is in one table. Our ratings are in another. How do you group together the age information and compute the average ratings in order to see if ratings change over time?
- [Narrator] I would like to propose a question.…As we get older,…do our perception of movies increase with approval,…decrease with approval,…or stay about the same?…In other words,…what I'm trying to figure out is,…as we get older do we appreciate movies more…and rate them higher,…or do we appreciate movies less…and rate them lower,…or do they stay about the same?…What I would like to do is pull together…the data in this video,…plot it and see if we can answer that.…
So, in this video we are going to perform…a table join to study age and the average movie rating,…we're going to be parsing that information…into a usable type for plotting,…and then we're going to plot.…So, I'm back in my MovieLens IHaskell Notebook,…and I'm at the top of my notebook…with all my import statements.…So here, I'm going to add Graphics.EasyPlot,…it's our plotting library.…Great. Let's scroll down.…Because of how I stated the question,…this can be done in a single soapbox query,…so let's get started.…
Age ratings, what I'm going to call my result.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Data ranges, means, and medians
- Standard deviation
- SQLite3 command line
- Slices of data
- Regular expressions
- Atoms and modifiers
- Character classes
- Line plots of a single variable
- Plotting a moving average
- Feature scaling
- Scatter plots
- Normal distribution
- Kernel density estimation (KDE)
Skill Level Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
SQL: Data Reporting and Analysiswith Emma Saunders2h 16m Intermediate
1. Descriptive Statistics
3. Regular Expressions
5. Kernel Density Estimation
6. Course Review
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.