Much like other software, plugins get updated. This lesson shows you where to start the update process.
- [Instructor] To update a plugin select Manage Jenkins,…then Manage Plugins.…The update tab lists plugins that are currently installed…and have new versions available.…If the tab is blank for you then yay!…All of your plugins are up to date.…Because we have a fresh install of Jenkins,…we don't have any plugins that need to be updated right now.…To check for updates, you would click Check now.…And if updates are available,…the process of updating the selected plugin…will be very similar to installing it.…
First, learn how to set up Jenkins on Mac, Windows, Linux, or inside a Docker container, and find out how Jenkins plugins are used to extend its functionality. Next, configure your first job step by step, leading up to the requisite "Hello, World" output, and learn to make your jobs more useful and portable with parameters. Then explore job scheduling, and Jenkins's convenient aliases for running jobs at regular intervals. The course wraps up with tips for organizing jobs in folders and views and a brief look into pipelines as code-which enable you to execute a series of jobs in stages.
By the end of the training, you should be able to install Jenkins locally or on a virtual machine, create a Jenkins jobs that can be triggered manually or on a schedule, and install and configure plugins to extend the Jenkins framework.
- Installing Jenkins
- Using plugins
- Creating and configuring a job
- Running and monitoring jobs
- Managing artifacts
- Working with parameters
- Scheduling jobs
- Organizing jobs with views and folders
- Defining stages with pipelines
Skill Level Beginner
Java: Build Automation with Mavenwith Peggy Fisher1h 24m Intermediate
1. Install Jenkins
2. Jobs in Jenkins
3. More Detail on Jobs
4. Organize Jobs with View and Folders
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.