Solution architects are the ultimate generalists. Discover how they are responsible for the aggregated total of all applications within a domain, or an entire enterprise in this video.
- Applications work together to solve business problems. … There need to be coordination, … standardization, you could even call it choreography, … because when it's done right, … you don't notice the pain points, … you just see the elegance … of individual pieces working together. … This is what we call a solution. … A solution can be defined as a group of related, … integrated applications that support business capabilities. … Great, but what does a solution architect do? … Well, solution architects do the fitting … and coordinating to create the solution. … They do the work of plugging systems together … to handle complex business workflows. … They also focus on the space between these solutions, … known as systems integration. … Application architects, … for their part, design applications … so that they can be integrated with other systems. … Solution architects then connect … the systems together when needed. … When I was a solution architect, … I spent a lot of time helicoptering between application …
- Why do enterprises need architecture?
- How do enterprise architects add value in an organization?
- Application, solution, and enterprise architecture
- Pursuing EA as a career
- Working with EA frameworks and practices
- Integrating EA with process systems
- Creating a new EA organization