- [Instructor] If this is your first time using Google Apps Scripts, you're going to need to associate it with your Google Drive. Simply click on the Settings gear and click Settings. From here, we'll select the Manage Apps tab, then Connect more apps. Here, we can search for Scripts and install the Google Apps Script module. Once you install it, we'll automatically associate all Google Apps Scripts with the component so that when we click on them, they're automatically opened in our editor.
Click OK and exit out of these windows. Now, if you right click inside of your Google Drive and scroll down to More, you should see Google Apps Script as an option. Let's select this and create our first script. As you can see, our code is automatically generated for us and gives us a myFunction. To make things easier to work with, I'm going to select View, Compact Controls to hide the top menus. The entire IDE is web based, and all of our code will live inside of our Google Scripts folder.
Everything we need to author our own scripts will be done through this simple IDE. Now we know how to install Google Apps Scripts into our Google Drive and also how to create new scripts from scratch.
- Setting up Google Apps Script
- Setting up a document
- Working with files and folders
- Converting Google Docs to Markdown
- Traversing a Google Doc
- Parsing sections and elements
- Formatting text blocks
- Adding URLs
- Finding and saving images