You want to compute the average and median rating of action movies, but that data exists in different tables.
- [Instructor] This video will serve as our review…of the SQLite3 SELECT queries…and our descriptive stats module.…So in this video we're going to take a look at,…loading data from our movie lens data set in…to an IHaskell notebook.…We're going to be demonstrating the built…in avg function in SQLite3.…We're going to be demonstrating a simple innter table join…in SQLite3 and we're going to be using SQLite3…and descriptive stats…to find the highest median across three genres of movies.…I want to know which genre's considered the highest rated.…
Action, drama, or sci-fi movies.…When we last left our video we…had just created the movie stat SQLite3 database.…What we need to is we need to copy…that file into our data folder.…Now if I look at this folder,…I should see over movies.SQlite3 file.…Great, I did it.…So I've already created a movie lens notebook…in my Ihaskell environment.…Here's where we're going to study the movie lens data set.…
SO let's begin by loading our descriptive stats model.…Now, let's import our central libraries.…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Data ranges, means, and medians
- Standard deviation
- SQLite3 command line
- Slices of data
- Regular expressions
- Atoms and modifiers
- Character classes
- Line plots of a single variable
- Plotting a moving average
- Feature scaling
- Scatter plots
- Normal distribution
- Kernel density estimation (KDE)
Skill Level Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
SQL: Data Reporting and Analysiswith Emma Saunders2h 16m Intermediate
1. Descriptive Statistics
3. Regular Expressions
5. Kernel Density Estimation
6. Course Review
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.