- Why do performance testing?
- Determining what to measure
- Finding and identifying bottlenecks
- Using load, stress, endurance, and spike testing
- Logging and parsing data
- Load testing and network interception tools
Skill Level Beginner
- [Dave] Speed matters. Nobody wants to use a slow website or application, and slow loading times lead to users leaving or getting frustrated. This means that performance has a real and direct cost for companies. Companies want and need testers who can figure out where the performance issues in their applications are. But how do you go about finding and fixing these problems? Performance issues can be quite hard to pinpoint. There are, of course, tools out there that can help with finding important performance issues, but how do you use them and how do you even get started as a performance tester? In this course, we'll give you a framework for thinking about and getting started with performance testing. We'll introduce you to the tools of the trade and give you the terminology and approaches that you need to help your company improve application performance. We'll walk you through different types of performance and load tests so that you will understand how and when to use each type of testing to speed up the applications that you're working on. Hi, I'm Dave Westerveld. I've worked as a tester for many years, and I'm excited to be your instructor for this course. So please join me in my LinkedIn Learning course as we explore the foundations of performance testing.