In this video, explore use cases requiring orchestrated and parallel events and learn about the asynchronous event-driven pattern.
- [Instructor] Orchestrated events, … are a much more common pattern … within the asynchronous event-driven microservices model. … The command and control they offer makes sense … to software architects as well as developers. … There are a lot of use cases for orchestrated events, … but I want to talk about a few that I have personally used … in a microservices architecture … leveraging event-driven asynchronous communications. … I tend to call the orchestrator either that … Both are appropriate, so please keep that in mind. … Now, this can be anything from a loan application … In this situation, … the need to dispatch messages intended for remote workers … You cannot approve a loan for a customer, for instance, … before the credit report is returned. … The credit score is critical piece of data … before the approval process, and as such, … the command and control center must ensure it has a response … on the credit score before triggering downstream actions. … Again, in this model, all communications is asynchronous, …
- Gains and tradeoffs of asynchronous communications
- Use cases for interservice communication patterns
- Event-driven microservices
- Use cases for choreographed and orchestrated events
- Streaming data platforms
- Data flows, migration, and synchronization