Process systems such as ITIL and ITSM are prevalent throughout many industries. Enterprise architects must work within the existing processes of an organization. They are often tasked with continuous improvement of those processes, and with establishing new processes. Learn how the practice of enterprise architecture must be integrated with these process systems wherever they are used in this video.
- Information technology is an enabler … of just about every modern business process you can imagine. … IT teams within an enterprise provide technology services … to other groups and sometimes directly to customers. … It's important to have a well-defined way … to support users of your business systems. … Information technology organizations … within an enterprise provide a defined list … of technology services to the rest of the enterprise. … Services in this context can be … just about anything you can imagine. … Communication services like email, telephone, or video. … Infrastructure services such as new servers, … virtual machines, IP address reservations, … and security services, including new accounts … and account access to systems, just to name a few. … The practice of IT service management … or ITSM covers all the policies, processes, … and procedures involved in the development, delivery, … and improvement of IT services. … There are several industry recognized ITSM frameworks. …
- Why do enterprises need architecture?
- How do enterprise architects add value in an organization?
- Application, solution, and enterprise architecture
- Pursuing EA as a career
- Working with EA frameworks and practices
- Integrating EA with process systems
- Creating a new EA organization