Dig in to the details of how Terraform actually manages your infrastructure.
- [Instructor] At first glance, … what Terraform does … might not seem that complex. … You're able to write some code to … define some cloud resources, … run a program, … and it goes out and makes those things happen. … So, what is it that makes … Terraform different from … just writing a simple script that … calls out to the AWS API? … Terraform lets you define you're infrastructure as code, … and gives a lot of flexibility in how you do that … because you can freely use data … from one resource to define another. … In a non-Terraform script … that just uses the API, … you might deploy a couple of … web servers and a load balancer. … If you also want to add a new security group … to function as a firewall, … your script will need to call out to AWS, … retrieve and process information … describing those resources, … and then take action to define your security group. … With Terraform, that kind of sharing of data is trivial. … Your code can define resources based on … the definitions of other resources, …
- Setting up Terraform
- How Terraform works
- Core Terraform commands
- Leveraging style conventions to keep code readable
- Configuring security groups
- Adding load balancers
- Using variables in your code
Skill Level Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. First Steps with Terraform
2. Terraform in Action
3. Infrastructure as Code
4. Advanced Topics
Next steps3m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.