You can't compare companies because their values don't relate to each other. You need to feature scale them.
- [Instructor] In our last video…we explored the essential features of EasyPlot…towards getting our images publication ready.…In this video we're going to explore…how to plot multiple companies…onto a single plot to accurately reflect their growth.…So, the question I would like to answer in this video…is over the past year…which of these three companies Apple, Google or Microsoft…has had the highest percentage of growth…in their stock value?…In this video we're going to take a look…at trimming our dataset to 252 days.…
Why 252?…Well, there are 365 days in a year.…If you cut out the weekends…and if you cut out the United States federal holidays…in which the New York stock exchange doesn't operate…you're left with 252 days.…So, 252 is our magic number to represent one year…of trading data.…We're going to introduce feature scaling…and we're going to plot our three companies…that have been feature scaled.…So, here's the formula for feature scaling.…It is simply a value minus the first value…in our dataset divided by the difference…
Note: This course was created by Packt Publishing. We are pleased to host this training in our library.
- Data ranges, means, and medians
- Standard deviation
- SQLite3 command line
- Slices of data
- Regular expressions
- Atoms and modifiers
- Character classes
- Line plots of a single variable
- Plotting a moving average
- Feature scaling
- Scatter plots
- Normal distribution
- Kernel density estimation (KDE)
Skill Level Intermediate
NumPy Data Science Essential Trainingwith Charles Kelly3h 54m Intermediate
SQL: Data Reporting and Analysiswith Emma Saunders2h 16m Intermediate
1. Descriptive Statistics
3. Regular Expressions
5. Kernel Density Estimation
6. Course Review
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.