Enterprise architects are strategists, oracles, and liaisons. Learn how the business interacts directly with EA to make strategic decisions that impact both IT and business strategy.
- [Instructor] Enterprise architects operate … at the strategic level, working with executives … to make decisions about how to achieve company goals. … Let's imagine you're brought in … as an Enterprise architect. … Where do you even start? … No worries, look to the company mission. … From the mission you can derive the vision. … Why does the company want to move in a certain direction? … Once you have the why you can sit down with the leadership … and determine the how based on budget and strategy. … So here's the breakdown of three types of architects. … Application architects deal with the design … of an application, not whether to build that application. … Solution architects are concerned with … how to support the business capabilities … with a solution, not whether the business … should support that capability. … Enterprise architects work with executives … to make strategic decisions. … Essentially, do we build or buy? … What is the ROI on a technology decision? … What are the capabilities in which we should invest? …
- Why do enterprises need architecture?
- How do enterprise architects add value in an organization?
- Application, solution, and enterprise architecture
- Pursuing EA as a career
- Working with EA frameworks and practices
- Integrating EA with process systems
- Creating a new EA organization