- Why containers?
- How do containers compare to virtual machines?
- Creating a Dockerfile
- Building an image from a Dockerfile
- Running a container from a new image
- Working with the Docker Compose file format
- Pushing images to Docker Hub
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Lee] When I mention Docker, people usually say, "I should learn more about Docker. "I don't even know what containers are "or how to use them to dockerize my applications." My name's Lee Brandt. I've been coding for 20 years, using Docker for two, and an active member on the Docker community slack channel. In this course, I'll show you what containers are and why you should care, how to create them manually, then we'll take a .NET core project in Visual Studio, just a simple web API with a database backend, and dockerize the whole thing.
Finally, we'll run it locally and see how your reduction environment and your local environment are actually the same thing. I've been super happy with Docker for my applications, so let's rock and roll.