Join Jungwoo Ryoo for an in-depth discussion in this video Computer forensics certifications, part of Computer Forensics Essential Training.
- Obtaining a certification is a good way to increase…your credibility as a computer forensics investigator.…There are many, two different types of certifications…out there.…One is those provided by tool vendors,…such as guidance software…or access data.…The other is provided by professional associations…such as EC-Council…or International Association of Computer Investigative…Specialists (IACIS).…
Another way of categorizing computer forensics…certifications is based on…accessibility.…Better certification is open to the public or not…so we'll look into each certification in more detail…one by one.…Let's look at EnCase first.…It requires 64 hours authorized computer forensics training…or 12 months of computer forensics experience…and the certification provided by the guidance software…is called EnCase Certified Examiner or EnCe.…
Next is the certification provided by…Access Data.…The requirements for this certification…include familiarity with tools such as…Forensics Toolkit,…Password Recovery Toolkit,…FTK Imager,…and Registry Viewer.…
- Understanding computer forensics
- Understanding partitioning
- Using a hex editor
- Preparing a target drive
- Acquiring data
- Ensuring data integrity with hashing
- Indexing and searching
- Generating a report
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: Which operating systems support built-in write blocking?
Q: Are there other ways to access deleted files in the usbimage.001 file?
Small Office Networking to Connect, Share, and Printwith Garrick Chow3h 23m Appropriate for all
Heartbleed Tactics for Small IT Shopswith David Gassner16m 43s Beginner
1. Understanding Computer Forensics
2. Preparing for a Computer Forensics Investigation
3. Preserving Data
4. Acquiring Data
5. Analyzing Data
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.