Clean up extra dangling images with docker system prune.
- [Instructor] Before we build our docker compose file,…let's clean up some of the stuff left behind.…First of all, run docker image list again…to see what we have there.…We're going to want to get rid of that conference API latest.…And if we run docker container list dash a,…we're going to want to get rid of this container as well.…I mean, it failed after all,…and we're going to run it with docker compose in the future.…So just run docker rm conference api…and that will remove the conference API container.…
If we do our docker container list again…with the dash a, we'll see it's gone.…Finally, we want docker remove image…the conference API latest and we'll see it un-tag…the image and remove all the layers.…And if we run our docker image list one last time,…we'll see that our conference API image is gone.…Now we can get to our docker compose.…
- Why containers?
- How do containers compare to virtual machines?
- Creating a Dockerfile
- Building an image from a Dockerfile
- Running a container from a new image
- Working with the Docker Compose file format
- Pushing images to Docker Hub