Go deeper with resources by learning about several common resource types.
- [Narrator] Now that we've looked at the components … and how to declare resources in Terraform, … let's look at some of the basic resource types … we'll be using in this course. … I'll move pretty quickly through these examples … and some of the new syntax we're going to see. … We'll go much deeper in later lessons … and hands-on exercises. … So don't feel like you need to remember all the details. … We've already talked about S3 buckets … but take a look at this example adapted … from the Terraform documentation. … This one is a public-facing website … so the ACL is actually set to public read. … There's also a security policy defined … and, in this case, that's coming … from an external file. … How to do that is something we'll look at … a little bit later on. … Finally, this website block … is where some of those specific parameters are defined, … so that S3 will know, for example, … which file to use as the index and error pages. … VPC stands for virtual private cloud. … Think of it as the network infrastructure …
- Setting up Terraform
- How Terraform works
- Core Terraform commands
- Leveraging style conventions to keep code readable
- Configuring security groups
- Adding load balancers
- Using variables in your code
Skill Level Beginner
DevOps Foundations: Infrastructure as Codewith Ernest Mueller2h 6m Intermediate
1. First Steps with Terraform
2. Terraform in Action
3. Infrastructure as Code
4. Advanced Topics
Next steps3m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.