Get an understanding of the authorization process found within Vapor.
- [Instructor] Once a user authenticates with a system,…they're returned a cookie containing a session key.…This key is necessary to access protected areas…of a web service.…If authentication is performed via a web page,…this cookie is stored in cache…and so long as it's an active session, the user can browse…to areas that they're authorized to visit,…however, if a user's accessing your service…through a programmatic interface like a Rust API,…then this key needs to be included in the header…of all of the requests that they're trying to perform.…
To send authorization credentials,…use an authorization key in the header of the request.…In this header, you'll select a type of authorization…as well as the credential itself.…In your code, you can access the header…by looking for the request.auth.header property.…Vapor utilizes two common types of authorizations.…First, you have basic authorization,…which consists of a username and password…concatenated into a base64 string.…
Basic authorization returns an API key credential…
- Installing PostgreSQL
- Implementing a database provider and a database driver
- Working with data models
- Implementing functions such as reading, updating, and deleting persisted data
- Working with dynamic Leaf templates
- Handling authentication inside of Vapor
- Creating a login controller
- Securing certain routes within your web service
- Creating a RESTful interface
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Test-Driven Developmentwith Harrison Ferrone2h 14m Intermediate
Swift 3 Essential Training: Beyond the Basicswith Scott Gardner2h 58m Intermediate
Learning Server-Side Swift with Vaporwith Ron Buencamino1h 30m Intermediate
1. Using Databases with Vapor
2. Installing Database Providers
3. Working with Data Models
4. User Authentication and Authorization
5. RESTful Services
Creating a RESTful interface6m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.