- Collaborative coding versus solo work
- What are pair and remote pair programming?
- Collaborating versus pairing
- What is mob programming?
- Tips for successful mobbing
- Workflow via Kanban boards
- Integrated feature teams
- The business value of collaborative coding
Skill Level Beginner
- Collaborative coding is a new technique to improve the quality of your code. For example, using mob programming, I've worked with a team, and we shipped a new product five times faster than they had ever done before. - You will learn various techniques from our real-world examples. Such as, agreeing on goals and configuring your environment. With these techniques, you'll communicate effectively and collaborate with everyone in your organization regardless of skill levels and expertise. - We're going to show you examples of both pair and mob or group programming.
I've successfully both mobbed and paired with teams who are in the same room or anywhere in the world. - With pair programming, instead of emailing my teammates back and forth, we get together, and we solve problems much faster with much less overhead. - Hi, I'm Lynn Langit, and I'm a cloud architect who codes. - And I'm Chiu-Ki Chan, an android developer who teaches. - Let's dive in with pair and mob programming.