Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with HTML templates, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- You've seen how to use a variable…to insert HTML into your Python app…in the previous lesson.…Well, that works, but a far more robust solution…is to use templates with Python apps.…Google App Engine includes support…for two popular templating systems:…Django, spelled like the Tarantino movie,…and Jinja2.…You can learn more about Jinja2 by going to…jinja.pocoo.org.…Jinja allows you to embed variables…to display values passed from the Python page.…
We're going to need to modify…both the app.yaml page as well as the main.py file…to set it up.…So let's head over to the code editor.…And, again, I've created a new folder…under ae-python.…This is called ae-python-03.…And this has the same basic files that we started with…in the previous lesson,…and that we finished with in the lesson before that.…You can get these same files…from the Exercise Files folder,…Chapter 4, Lesson 04_04, in the Start folder.…
And, once again, we've got a asset file…in the code folder that we'll access…in just a bit.…Okay. Let's open up app.yaml first.…
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.