Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with App Engine Datastore, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- Whether you're using App Engine to build…a web app, a mobile app, or a game,…there's a good chance you'll need…to store and retrieve data.…App Engine has a number of data related options,…and Google Cloud Store is among…the most efficient and robust,…capable of massive scaling.…Cloud Datastore is intended for non-relatonal data…and is schemaless.…There are no predefined data columns.…It supports both transactions, as well as robust queries.…
And like Cloud SQL, it's fully managed by Google.…Because it's non-relational, the Datastore is more likely…to be used by apps written in Python and Java,…but not PHP.…Cloud SQL is a better choice for PHP developers.…Although relatively recently introduced,…Cloud Datastore is really the next generation…of the Google App Engine High Replication Datastore,…known as HRD.…HRD had truly exceptional performance,…over one petabyte of data stored,…and a petabyte is one thousand terabytes.…
4.5 trillion transactions per month,…and a 99.95% uptime.…Cloud Datastore includes development environments…
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.