Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Utilizing Google Cloud SQL, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- While the openness and flexibility…of cloud data store is appropriate for many…data-driven apps, sometimes you need…the interconnection that can only come…from a relational database, and for that,…your apps need to work with Google Cloud SQL.…Google Cloud SQL is a fully managed…relational database service for MySQL databases.…The service takes full advantage…of the Google infrastructure by replicating…your data across multiple datacenters.…
You can import existing databases in a number of ways,…and export them to the MySQL dump format.…Cloud SQL allows you to create multiple database instances,…each capable of 100 GB of storage…and allotted 16 GB of RAM.…Currently, there are a few restrictions…to the Cloud SQL implementation.…Neither user-defined functions…nor MySQL replication are supported.…Moreover, certain MySQL statements won't work.…
These include LOAD DATA INFILE,…SELECT_ INTO OUTFILE/DUMPFILE,…INSTALL/UNINSTALL PLUGIN, CREATE FUNCTION, and LOAD_FILE.…There are a number of steps you must follow…sequentially to successfully import…
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
Object-Oriented Programming with PHPwith Jon Peck1h 57m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.