Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- I'm very happy to announce that any member of Lynda.com has access to the exercise files used throughout this title. Naturally, the information in this course is ultimately intended to be applied to your own apps. However, you may find it helpful to work with the supplied exercise files to practice the steps safely and without creating your own examples. To begin using the files from site, download them, extract them, and then store those files in a convenient location, such as your desktop.
The Exercise Files folder is organized by chapter. And the chapters are broken down into various lessons. Within the lesson folders there are a series of items in a Start folder. Typically, server language files like PHP or python or other assets, CSS stylesheets, images, and so forth all used in the lesson. Many lessons also include a folder named Final, which contains the completed lesson file. Feel free to explore that at your leisure.
You can either follow the whole course, chapter by chapter, or jump in at any point. If you'd rather not use the Exercise Files you can definitely follow along with your own assets.
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.