Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the course requirements, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- To follow along with this course, the requirements are pretty straightforward. From a tools perspective, you'll need a code editor and a number of browsers for testing. You can use whichever code editor you prefer. I'm going to be working with Aptana on the Mac, a free editor for both Mac and Windows. Of course, to explore an online service, like Google Cloud App Engine, you'll need an Internet connection. Most of our browser demonstrations and testing will be done with recent versions of standard-base broswers like Google Chrome, as well as the Google App Engine SDK, which we'll install as part of the course.
Although you can do basic work with Google App Engine at no cost, to sign up, you'll need to enable billing, which requires either a credit card or a bank account. That's it for tools. From a knowledge perspective, you should be pretty familiar with both HTML and CSS, with a general understanding of Python or PHP. I will walk through any advanced code that we use, block by block, so you can understand what's going on under the hood. One last thing. The absolute best thing that you can bring to this course is your imagination.
Although I'm going to be going through all the details of working with Google App Engine, you'll get the most benefit if you keep your mind open for other ways that you can apply the same lessons to your own work.
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.