Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Trying out App Engine, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- Time to get a little hands on…and in this lesson we'll take advantage of a…simple demo that Google Cloud has made available,…a classic hello world app,…to show you just how App Engine works.…Also we'll incorporate a critical SDK along the way…to give you a jumpstart on working with…the other Google Cloud platform components…as well as App Engine.…So we're going to start by going to…cloud.google.com/appengine/docs.…
Now if you've followed the earlier lessons…you should already be signed up and ready to go.…Otherwise you'll need to revisit the…Getting Under Way lesson in chapter one.…When you're ready, scroll down a bit on the page…and click the try it now link that you see here.…As noted earlier, App Engine supports…four different language…so you can work in the development environment…of your choosing.…Let me scroll down a little bit so you can see…what else is on the page here.…For this demo, I'm going to go with PHP,…so I'll click that and you'll notice that…the starter code changes there.…
With PHP for App Engine,…
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.