Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Trying out App Engine on Windows, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- Alright, time to get a little hands on.…In this lesson we'll take advantage…of a simple demo Google Cloud has made available,…a classic Hello, World! app,…to show you just how App Engine works.…And we'll incorporate a critical SDK along the way…to give you a jump start on the rest of the course.…Start by visiting…cloud.google.com/…appengine/docs.…If you've followed the earlier lessons…you should already be signed up.…
Otherwise you'll need to revisit…the Getting Underway lesson in chapter one.…When you're ready click the blue button…under Guided Quickstart.…As noted earlier,…App Engine supports four different languages,…so you can work in the development environment…of your choosing.…For this demo I'm gonna go with PHP.…And when I choose it we get to see…the actual code that's involved.…You can see that there are two files,…one very simple helloworld.php file,…in of course PHP.…
And the other file is app.yaml…in YAML.…Also relatively simple.…This is used to define the app configuration.…Our next step is to install the Google Cloud SDK.…
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
Object-Oriented Programming with PHPwith Jon Peck1h 57m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.