Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Python and App Engine, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- Alright, let's work through this challenge.…And I'll show you how I'd solve it.…I'll start out in Finder.…Just moving my asset files around…to make sure I've got everything…up and running correctly.…So I'll open up Exercise Files,…Chapter 4,…04.07.…This is the same as the start files that you have.…So I'll copy those files…and then open up my ae-python.…Create a new folder.…I'll just call this challenge.py.…
And open up that folder,…paste in my copied files.…Alright, there's my starting point.…Now I'll open up the GoogleAppEngineLauncher…and take care of that first objective…which was to create a new launcher project.…And since I have existing files…I'll choose File, Add Existing Application,…browse to it,…there's my challenge.py,…click Choose,…Add,…and we can see that it's called traced-bird-001.…I'll click Run and let's see what we have.…
Click Browse.…And as you can see it's just a simple…Hello world starting point.…Now let's go to the code editor.…And I'll open up the number of files…that I know I'm gonna need to work with.…
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Object-Oriented Programming (2013)with Jon Peck1h 57m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.