Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up PHP for App Engine, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- Although PHP is the most recent addition…to the Google App Engine family of supported languages,…it has proven to be a very popular one.…In this chapter, I'll show you how to start creating apps…to run on the App Engine, with PHP.…The first step is to install the PHP-specific SDK,…and that's the goal of this lesson.…To get the most current copy of the PHP SDK,…login to Google Cloud Platform,…and go to the App Engine download page.…
The App Engine PHP SDK…relies on Python 2.7,…which is available on all Mac operating systems…from 10.6 on.…Windows and Linux users…will have to install Python separately,…but there are clear directions and links…under each of those categories.…The SDK for all three OSs includes a web server…as well as software to upload the app.…If your app requires database connectivity,…you'll also need to set up MySQL locally.…
I'm going to go ahead and click the link…to download the Google App Engine SDK for PHP.…I'll open that up,…and then click the link for Mac OS 10.…Okay, my download is complete.…
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Object-Oriented Programming (2013)with Jon Peck1h 57m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.