Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Scaling your query, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- In this lesson I'm gonna show you the Python…code necessary for getting data from the user,…storing it properly in Cloud Datastore,…and then immediately retrieving…and displaying it back to the user.…I'll also show you how to manage the data under the hood.…Now I've adapted Google's Guestbook example…that you'll find in their documentation,…to focus on just the data storage and retrieval aspects.…For this, let's head back to Finder for the moment.…And I'm gonna open up my Exercise Files folder…and drill down to Chapter 5, 05_03.…
Within the Start folder you'll see…another folder called ds, Datastore, example.…So I'm gonna select and copy that.…And then open up my ae-python folder and paste that in.…Now let's take a quick look at it in Finder here,…and you'll see that there are just two files in the folder:…app.yaml and guestbook.py.…Put that in the back of your mind for now.…So let's see what we're building.…I'm gonna bring open the Google App Engine Launcher…and choose File, Add Existing Application…as we've done numerous times in the course.…
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
PHP: Object-Oriented Programming (2013)with Jon Peck1h 57m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.