Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting underway, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- In this lesson we'll get hands on…and I'll walk you through the sign up process…for the Google Cloud Platform and setting up…your first App Engine project so you can know…what to expect.…The first thing you'll need…and something that you probably already have,…is a Google account.…If you don't have one go to Google.com…and click the Sign In option in the upper right.…On the next page click Sign Up…and complete the steps that appear.…Now I've created a new Google account…so I can show you the entire sign up process…for Google Cloud Platform.…
So we'll start at cloud.google.com.…Now the home page of this site will give you an idea…of what's available and there are various sections…of this site that you can browse as you get…more and more familiar with it.…Once you're ready to give it a go,…click any of the Free Trial buttons that you see…spread around the page.…First I'll sign in to Google.…Now if you're already signed in you'll skip this step.…Now during this recording Google's free trial…is for 60 days with a $300 credit…
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.