Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing a workflow, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- Before you jump into Google App Engine…let's take a moment to outline the general steps…you'll need to take to get your app online.…In other words, your workflow.…I do want to acknowledge that before you can get…started setting up your project's environment…you will have to take some initial steps.…You'll need a Google account, of course.…You'll also need to sign up for the Google Cloud Platform…and we'll work through that process…step by step in the next lesson.…And it's important to understand that one…of those steps is setting up billing.…
If you're just starting, Google currently does offer…a 60 day trial with a $300 credit.…So it's likely you'll never actually invoke…a charge if you're just testing out the system.…But, in order to use the services,…Google does require that you establish some sort of billing,…whether by credit card or bank account, in order to sign up.…After signing up, the thing you'll need to do…is to select the language to write your app in.…As noted in an earlier lesson,…App Engine currently supports four…
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.