Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting to a MySQL database, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- One of the primary reasons PHP is so popular…is its close pairing with MySQL,…a robust, freely available database solution.…Happily, you can incorporate the MySQL Server…into your Google App Engine project.…It wouldn't be a viable platform for PHP…without that connection.…Once you deploy your app,…you'll work with a Google Cloud SQL instance…which we'll cover in Chapter 5.…In this lesson, I will show you the one very specific detail…that you'll need to ensure is correct…so you can develop your PHP MySQL app locally…with the app engine SDK.…
I've set up a MySQL database…called gae_sample.…If you're following along, you can import the SQL file…which is called gae_ sample.sql…and it's found in the Chapter 3,…03_04, Start, assets folder…of the exercise files.…I've used phpMyAdmin but you can use…whatever program will import the data.…The database has a table called students…and you see the students listed here.…
There are 50 random names here,…always fun to read (laughs)…and some equally random values for…whether they are registered or not…
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
Object-Oriented Programming with PHPwith Jon Peck1h 57m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.