Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Incorporating PDFs into your app, part of Google App Engine Essential Training.
- In this Challenge, you'll set up an app…that incorporates a PDF as a static file.…In the scenario, the PDF is stored…in a folder called Assets, along with other file types…that are not used in the app.…I've provided a starting point…with all the necessary elements in the Exercise Files.…Your Objectives in this Challenge are to, first,…Create an App Engine Launcher project.…Then, Set up your configuration file for just PDFs.…Next, Add an HTML link to the PDF.…
Then Test the app locally, and Deploy and review the app.…This Challenge should take about 10 minutes to complete.…When you're done, make sure to check out my Solution lesson…and see how our approaches compare.…Have fun!…
- Understanding the Google App Engine
- Using the Google Cloud Console
- Setting App Engine services
- Coding your app
- Working with images, style sheets, and other static files
- Incorporating HTML templates
- Uploading and deploying your app
- Implementing Google Cloud Storage
- Setting up a custom domain
Skill Level Intermediate
Object-Oriented Programming with PHPwith Jon Peck1h 57m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google App Engine
2. Exploring App Engine
Trying out App Engine9m 34s
3. Developing with PHP and App Engine
4. Working with Python and App Engine
5. Implementing App Engine Storage
6. Managing Your Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.