Join Alan Ackmann for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Desire2Learn: Advanced Techniques.
- [Alan] Since this is an advanced features course, here are a few details about the intended audience. First, this course assumes you're already familiar with what a course management system is and how it operates. Similarly, you should also be familiar with the basic operations of D2L, as well as some of its most common features and tools, such as the gradebook feature, quizzes, and rubrics, for example. You don't have to know everything about them of course, but basic familiarity is helpful. If you're not comfortable with this material, I'd recommend first checking out my more fundamental course, which is titled, How to Teach with Desire2Learn 2016.
That course covers all the common features and would give you an excellent foundation to build on here.
- Using the Attendance tool
- Communicating through the D2L chat feature
- Accessing and tracking student progress
- Viewing class-wide statistics and data
- Setting up matching, ordering, and arithmetic quiz questions
- Developing a question library
- Designing a custom rubric
- Setting up student self-assessments
- Importing, exporting, and copying course components
- Adding new users to a D2L course